Good evening, new member

Lukey1965

Good evening all.

New(ish !!) member.

I am picking up a new superb estate 2.0 TDI 140 next monday and have already gleaned some valuable info from the knowledgeable guys on here.

Look forward to more and helping out if possible.

It does depend, but the 140's have a known time bomb in the drive to their oil pumps which can cause catastrophic failure:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/179375-when-were-20-tdi-oil-pump-problems-fixed/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/141318-seeking-help-oil-pump-failure-issue-on-2-0tdi/

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/b5/audibalshaftmag.jpg

I'd recommend checking if you are walking into a potential world of woe.  Apologies if I'm the bearer of bad tidings, but better that you know now.

Gaz

No point in shooting a good bottle of JD  :no:

I'd suggest finding out more about the car you're buying - is it one of the affected cars? and is there anything in it's history that records if it's had the problem and been fixed?

I am of course presuming the car will be new to you, and not a brand spanking new Superb.  If it's a new 'un, discount everything I've said  :blush:

You've still got time.  If it's one of the affected engine's I'm afraid I'd be inclined to walk away and look for another.  Superb's are great cars.  It's only the 140 that's a known lemon.

Gaz 

No point in shooting a good bottle of JD  :no:

I'd suggest finding out more about the car you're buying - is it one of the affected cars? and is there anything in it's history that records if it's had the problem and been fixed?

I am of course presuming the car will be new to you, and not a brand spanking new Superb.  If it's a new 'un, discount everything I've said  :blush:

You've still got time.  If it's one of the affected engine's I'm afraid I'd be inclined to walk away and look for another.  Superb's are great cars.  It's only the 140 that's a known lemon.

Gaz 

I'm going to down the JD in celebration... It's a brand spanker !!

• Like 1

I'm going to down the JD in celebration... It's a brand spanker !!

Bingo!! :thumbup: and my profuse apologies at worrying you.  Put the sixgun down and step away.

Gaz 

HI all, does this oil pump problem happen on a new 2014 140 bhp tour de france estate? Thanks to all

No Toby, it doesn't.  I've put 2 and 2 together and made 5  :notme:

Gaz