Fabia locking and unlocking issues - Is this normal?

Sowen

I've just changed both off side door locks and can now lock and unlock all doors with the key fob. However, before putting it all back together, I've been testing all modes of locking and unlocking and getting some strange results.

1. Locking all doors with remote key fob - OK

2. Unlocking all doors with remote Key Fob - OK

3. Locking all doors with key blade in drivers door - OK - all motors operate.

4. Unlocking all doors with key blade in drivers door - Only unlocks drivers door - no motors operate.

5. Locking all doors with internal button - N/S doors lock - O/S doors lock and immediately unlock.

6. Unlocking all doors with internal button - N/S doors unlock - O/S doors already unlocked.

I currently have the drivers window mechanism in an 'open' situation. Will this have an effect on operation?

Any thoughts?

I replaced a lock on my car with a brand new lock bought on EBay - on locking it would immediately unlock and could not be locked with the engine running. It briefly showed "safe" in VCDS when locking, engine running. It was the wrong lock for the car. Replaced it with a genuine Skoda lock, now works perfectly.