Howdy

ranger62

Hi

Have a Y plate Fabia 1.4 16v Comfort in a lovely looking red colour, bought from Rainworth Skoda (any reputation?) near Mansfield in April 2005. Myself, I am from Derbyshire, UK.

Very happy with the car apart from a few little niggles which dealer seems sluggish to sort out: creak from front off-side over bumps (now starting to drive me bonkers!), front speaker rattles with lots of bass. More serious probs: occasional loss of power steering - dealer said fluid was low but still keeps happening...methinks something more fundamental is wrong. Also occasional lights flickering: head lights, intrument lights, etc and light intensity drops when wheels are turned ie. when the pump is operating (dealer said light dimming on turning wheels was normal!!)

3 questions: how can I tell if I have 75bhp engine or 100bhp? ASR is fitted.

Is it possible to upgrade central locking to remote central locking? Do Haynes produce a guide for Fabia...couldn't see one listed at local shop?

Do you have discs on the back axle, if yes then your 100 bhp, if no then your 75 bhp.

No Haynes manual for the Fabia

Yes you can get a remote CDL kit from Skoda

Diming of lights is normal when steering is operated, the pump is electric and draws alot of power.

Loss of PAS can be down to a faulty steering angle sensor or a weak battery (see above)

Creak from o/s possbily a ARB bush/link or maybe the ARB is broken

Speaker rattle or the door trims does?

will check the brakes tomorrow, bit dark now. Gonna keep plugging away at dealer until it's all sorted, they aint fobbing me off.

Is the CDL upgrade expensive?

I think it is the speaker rattling as I only get the noise when lots of bass is produced, but don't know for certain.