Oil and filter

Hello everyone. I know it was discussed a lot of times here but I just want to make it sure that I am buying the right parts. I want to make an oil change on my 2010 Skoda Octavia vRS Tdi. It is the CR engine. Is this oil any good for it? Does this meet the required specs? And can someone advice me which oil filter I have to buy for it? Thanks very much !

507 is for variable service (long life) on DPF equipped cars.

507.00 is for variable servicing on non dpf cars and must be used on a dpf equipped car whether it is fixed or variable.

As the OP has a diesel VRS then 507.00 is required.

Shop around though you may a suitable oil cheaper elsewhere (try ECP or TPS).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answers. And how many liters do I need? And just for the interest. What damage can cause the non 507 00 spec oil?

Engine takes about 4.5 litres, so a 5L bottle. Not using 507.00 is bad for the dpf.

Thank you. Can you comment on this?

Not sure about that. The DPF ash and soot content is shown differently on the CR engines to the PD. I've not really looked at the CR engines. Is that from advanced measuring blocks in VCDS?

Not sure about that. The DPF ash and soot content is shown differently on the CR engines to the PD. I've not really looked at the CR engines. Is that from advanced measuring blocks in VCDS?

Yes, advanced measuring blocks. I dont know which row is for what and just want to find out how is my dpf doing.

Yes, advanced measuring blocks. I dont know which row is for what and just want to find out how is my dpf doing.

Can't find a definitive answer, but this thread of TDI Club

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=324067

Suggests that the oil ash figure is the dreaded ash content and your OK until around 200ml.

I think for the current soot content it is the carbon mass (spec) line.

Can't find a definitive answer, but this thread of TDI Club

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=324067

Suggests that the oil ash figure is the dreaded ash content and your OK until around 200ml.

I think for the current soot content it is the carbon mass (spec) line.

Thanks for your time mate.