1st Year MPG

Pistol

Had my Citigo SE for a year now. Have faithfully kept all the petrol receipts and totted them up.

My figures are :-

13,625 miles.

Mpg of 59.6

Cost £1333 in fuel.

plus £20 tax

plus £150 insurance.

plus £1452 in monthly payments and the deposit of course.

In terms of running costs once bought, the monthly fuel saving over my old Seat Leon 1.6 pays at least half of the monthly payment on the 3 year finance plan. At 10 years old I was spending alot annually on the Seat for mechanical repairs and upkeep.

The Citigo has made the exact same typical weekly journeys to and from work with some minor use at the weekend i.e. circa 50% motorway; 40% country road; 10% town driving, which is reflected in the Mpg.

The Mpg has steadily increased throughout the year as follows :-

@ 3 months / 3450 miles - 52.9 mpg to date

@ 5 months / 5958 miles - 55.46 mpg to date

@ 7 months / 8103 miles - 56.86 mpg to date

@ 12 months / 13,625 miles - 59.6 mpg to date.

Overall I am well happy with the economy although have to say I drive in an economical way.

Thought this might be interest.

• Like 1

over the last 14 month citigo 75 elegance greentech

total fuel (ltrs) 984.16

total miles 10809

total calculated avg mpg 49.89

total cost of fuel £1,256.67

avg trip accuracy 7.06%

Best calculate mpg 57.50

avg cost/mile 0.116

Edited by bluecar1

I wish ! When you work all day and look after your young daughters in the evening (wife at work as soon as I get home), you get very little time on your hands. Appreciate you're only jesting =)

I will try fuelly but putting the post on here in the first place took me longer than actually calculating it.

Much as I love my Citigo, I went out in a work's pool car yesterday (Ford Focus) and it was nice to be able to accelerate away quickly.

I have a nice excel spreadsheet,

just put in , ltr's, mileage, cost and trip computer figures it does the rest with nice graphs for PID v calc mpg, mileage against contract mileage etc

also tracks milage for brand of fuel to see if there is any real difference between branded and supermarket etc