OEM rear brake pad direction (256mm upgrade)

Ryanfsr

Hi all

I'm running the 256mm vented rear upgrade on my Fabia vRS, and ever since day one of fitting them they haven't shut up, espeically in reverse! I've searched the forums and am aware of the 'mooing' these brakes were prone to, and have since installed the the rubber damper kit (how a couple of pieces of rubber and metal can come to the value of £150 I will never know!!), and the return springs for the handbrake mechanism.

These unfortunately didn't solve any of the noises.

So, as a last resort I went and purchased some genuine pads from TPS, and low and behold, the 'mooing' noise when reversing has vanished! :D ........ Only to be replaced by an extremely high pitched squeal when travelling forwards at speeds under 30mph and very light brake pressure! :devil:

Now, when I installed the pads, it appeared 2 of the pads had a different backing plate. One with a removeable type 'fabric' feeling backing (pictured left), and the other with a rubbery feeling type backing (pictured right). When I fitted them, I fitted the one with the removable backing on the piston side of the caliper, the other one on the other side. Unfortunately they didn't state which side they should be fitted in the little pamphlet they came with, so I just want to know if what I have done is right?

Thanks everyone!

20141020_104402_zpspzon3inh.jpg