Blocked drivers side washer jet

Evening, does anyone have any ideas how to clear a blocked washer jet? I'm using VAG approved screenwash, and I've also scrubbed the front of the jet with a toothbrush but nothing has changed!! Any opinions will be greatly appreciated

I take it the other jet is working fine which is eliminating issues such as the pump, water in the bottle and the pipes from the bottle to the leading edge of the bonnet?

If so then I'd recommend pulling off the pipe from the bottom of the jet. If water spurts out of the pipe when the washers are operated then you can be sure the jet / nozzles is at fault.

Because they are fan jets you can't clear them with a pin as this damages them so that you no longer get the fine mist spraying on the screen.

You can soak them overnight in vinegar and blow them out, this often works, however for the sake of the cost of a new one I'd just replace it...

£6.71 delivered from a Skoda main dealer...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/140710612019?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

$(KGrHqR,!joE8MjRUVnMBPR79K2Dt!~~60_1.JP

Thank you for the reply, yes the passenger side does work.

I did un-clip the jet from the plastic grille beneath the bonnet, but the pipe that goes into the bottom of the jet appears to have no slack whatsoever and if I did disconnect it I'd lose it as I wouldn't be able to get my fingers in to get it?

Is there any tips for this?

Cheers again

Hi, this has worked for me in the past.When I go to local hand car wash guys

Get them to stick jet wash on washer jet. Unblocked it straight away.

Worth a try.By the way jets are pretty inexpensive, need to take care when removing

Them , got tiny white inserts can easily fall out never to be seen again.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the reply, yes the passenger side does work.

I did un-clip the jet from the plastic grille beneath the bonnet, but the pipe that goes into the bottom of the jet appears to have no slack whatsoever and if I did disconnect it I'd lose it as I wouldn't be able to get my fingers in to get it?

Is there any tips for this?

Cheers again

I was fearful of this when I changed mine after it became blocked. Thankfully though, it's literally a two minute job and not as fiddly as I thought it would be.

I bought my new jet from my local main dealer and it wasn't too expensive at all from what I can remember.

Good luck.

I was going to suggest a blast from a filling station air line or aerosol of the type sold to clean computer keyboards and the like but as said beforehand careful use of a pressure washer would do the same thing.