Car back from the garage after power loss problems!!

But surely if the garage are replacing parts saying that this should cure the problem and it doesnt they will do something about it? This could go on and on costing more every time :( I do symapthise with your situation, hope it gets resolved soon!

Lee

I have a similar situation with the throttle body etc. on my astra - a relative works at a legal firm and got some legal advice for me. Basically unless they give you a written statement/letter saying it will fix the fault you have no grounds to ask for your money back.

At the end of the day you are asking the garage to repair the car, when they "guess" what the fault is and you pay for the parts you're agreeing with their "guess".

Disappointing, I know, and was the reason I diddnt buy another Vauxhall.

what petrol are you using?? do you go to the same garage all the time??

dont know if you saw my post but i had some dodgy petrol in mine a while abck and i lost all power...how sick will you be if its the petrol and not a fault! try optimax for a week this will also help the clean out and gunk in the fuel system...

Just and idea...assuming its a vrs...performance cars cen be picky when it comes to fuel

Joel

I have a similar situation with the throttle body etc. on my astra - a relative works at a legal firm and got some legal advice for me. Basically unless they give you a written statement/letter saying it will fix the fault you have no grounds to ask for your money back.

At the end of the day you are asking the garage to repair the car' date=' when they "guess" what the fault is and you pay for the parts you're agreeing with their "guess".

Disappointing, I know, and was the reason I diddnt buy another Vauxhall.[/quote']

Surely, Skoda are the experts, so why shouldn't I accept their advice and allow them to repair the car as per the fault codes. I have the papers stating the fault codes from Skoda, but I have nothing in writing saying they will repair the car. But, as I have the papers with the fault codes from the diagnostics, would this list of faults not be classed as a statement from Skoda, i.e. Skoda saying if the car is worked on and parts changed as per the fault code read out, the car will be repaired. In my opinion, the reason the car hasn