Boot release

FirstFurby

Hi

I am having problems with the manual boot release (to the right of the drivers seat). If you pull the lever the boot unlocks but you need to have another person lifting the lid whislt you pull the cable for the boot to open.

If it needs adjusting does anyone know how?

This is a 2001 Fabia Classic with no central locking.

Thanks

NB put this is Motorway first... think it shoul dhave been here sorry.

I have the same problem,and have just adjusted the cable.

Ther is still the same problem ,one person is needed to hold the lever in the up position,whilst the other raises the boot lid.As I remember when I first brought the car one person could open the boot,is there anybody who can verify this please,or help with solving the problem?

thanks

AndyPandy

Hi thanks for replying. Do you mean make the boot lid a tighter fit,so that there is more spring when you pull the release? Or the opposite that having a looser fit will cure the problem? Am I right in saying one person should be able to release the handle ,walk to the rear and raise the boot?

thanks

Andy

having poked around and looked at another Fabia - I have cured the fault. The cable was fine and did ot need adjusting.

The boot catch has a small spring loaded rubber bung that 'pushes up' the boot lid, this had moved. When in the correct position it soul dmoved parallel to the catch on my car it was pointing up. pushing it back into place has solved the problem.