Heated Mirrors Problem

PaulVRS

The mirror heating power is supplied by the door control unit inside the door. This also controls the mirror position and locking. So first question is anything else not working?

There is a variation by model and model year in how to switch on the mirror heating. On mine I have a mirror heating symbol in the centre of the three position mirror adjustment switch on the driver's door and this is the only to to switch mirror heating on.

On others without the central heating symbol, it is necessary to have the mirror switch in one of the other two positions

Another variation on some models is that the heated rear window must also be switched on.

Of course the heating elements can fail too but you can check this with a multimeter once you have got inside the mirror assembly. Failure of both together is unlikely in my experience so check out the different ways of switching them on first.