Front Arb Chaffing The Subframe ?

ashf18als

IMG 0047

IMG 0047

IMG 0046   Version 2

hey everybody i have just brought my vrs and took the wheels off today and found a chaff marking on the subframe. 

there are no strange noises, drives straight no pulling no knowing and hpi clear, weird ? it looks like the arb has chaffed away at the subframe. any ideas ? has anyone seen this before ? any light on this issue would be appreciated.

Edited by ashf18als

Looking at the way the paint is pealing away, I'd say the bar has moved over towards the passenger side 2ish cm. Check the other side to see if it is further over than it should be and check the position of the stoppers on the ARB. On the ARB there are 2 stoppers either side that stop it moving left to right in the mounts, these should be directly on the outside of the ARB bushes. If the stopper has come off or moved, this could allow the bar to move towards the passenger side and lead to the bar rubbing on the subframe.

Common fault, the early ARB's had glued on plastic sleeves/collars.............when rust gets under the ARB paintwork it unsticks the collar/end stop which allows the ARB to move from the drivers side to the passenger side & hit the sub frame...just as yours has done. The replacement ARB has welded/formed metal end stops, just needs the subframe removing to fit it though! Or you could fit a set of Whiteline ARB collar locks & new ARB saddle bushes which would grip it tigher.