Bonnet Showing As Open When Its Not.

rfk1983

so jimbof, as long as alarm and central locking seems to be working ok, the fact that little led bulb not flashing and deadlocks not working, shouldnt be something to worry about?

my car did have early signs of water ingress, but all fixed now, you think might just be a faulty wire?

Well, in my case my engineering bent would make me want to investigate and find out why it isn't working - mostly to make sure there isn't some underlying cause which will be problematic in other ways.  But that is my own time, as opposed to spending money at a garage.  I'd ask whoever fixed it if they know why the deadlocks aren't working.  As I say, I think there are good reasons to prefer having the deadlocks deactivated anyway.

• 4 years later...

I hope this might help someone but I had the annoying "bonnet is open" audible alarm on my 04 Superb over Christmas. As I had a long journey ahead I wanted to silence this. I found the best way was to disconnect the switch and insert a bent length of wire into the connector. This has the effect of turning on the alarm permanently but no audible warning. Other alarms like low on fuel appear above the now permanent alarm on the dashboard. Oddly this also fixed the nearside read door not unlocking (I fixed the dreaded leaking into the foot well years ago). The other issue I experienced was that the fuel filler tube now leaks. I filled up halfway through my long journey and the wife paid. I noticed some dripping and a mug full of diesel was deposited on the forecourt. I have probably been depositing this amount on the local roads without noticing. May be worth a check if you have the same vintage. Now I put £50 in and no leakage.