Locked key under the bonnet!

amk2vr6

Some how, being a dib dob I wen't out to the car last night to grab something from under the bonnet and left my only key on the battery. I didn't realise until this morning (it was dark last night).

Whats the easiest way in? Try and remove the grille and pop the bonnet?

Its a 2006 Seat Leon.

Thanks.

I think jacking it up and squeezing my two year old lad up into the engine bay would work?  :devil:

I'll have a play around with it later in the week, its a second car and engine is in bits at the moment anyway, so its not going anywhere.  :dull:

Lol

Y didnt u tell us earlier it was a 2nd car!

We were all worried about u!

Seriously, u tried the wiki link?

Or can breakdown service help?

Haha, sorry mate! It was quite urgent - I was quite distressed when I realised what a numpty I was. Best thing to do was to scream for help!

Wiki link gives the usual about prising the door open - I really dont fancy that.

There are ways to get inside the car quite easily but probably not best to be discussed openly.

Phil

Feel free to PM me :)

Unlucky fella! Got to ask, what you 'grabbed from under the bonnet'?! The radiator? The expansion tank! Lol. Assume a tool of some sort?! Is there no way to flick the bonnet catch without popping it inside first?

Haha, I took the timing chain cover off to measure the phaser O ring's. Then wen't to put it back, left key on top of battery and dropped the bonnet! DOH!