mpg 1.2tsi on very short journeys from cold

hi

Thanks for all the replies. Should have said urban 2 miles. What is cc, is it climate control? If it is climate control, what is climate control, is. the heater?

Thanks again. Log to compare mpg figures on 2 mile urban from cold for a few different cars i may buy.

Sorry ipad playing up and didnt check before posting. So a repost!

Hi thanks for all the replies. Should have said urban 2 mikes from cold, mpg figures please for Octavia 1.2 or 1.4. I know they wont be good but want to know the figures as am comparing several cars which am considering purchasing. I do lots of these journeys per week from cold.

What is cc the manwithnoaim? Is it climate control? If it is climate control, is that the heater?

Thanks again.

Sorry I know very little about cruise control. Didnt realise it had different modes or what the modes are for or do.

Cruise Control itself doesn't have different modes - but it behaves differently depending on what mode the engine is in (i.e. Eco, Normal, Sport).  If it's in Eco, it's not overly bothered about the speed dropping below what you've set and uses light throttle inputs to get back up to that speed, whereas in Sport it's a lot more aggressive in getting up to the set speed and staying there.  Therefore, Cruise Control has a lot less of an impact on fuel consumption when the engine is in Eco than it does when in Sport.

This may only be true for certain manufacturers though - the Cruise Control on my BMW didn't really change its behaviour (well, not to as noticeable an extent as in the Octavia) between the different engine modes.

If you're really worried about this use the CC in Eco Mode, its very gentle on the fuel.

It's two miles and you are suggesting cruise control? I would have suggested a bicycle or a brisk walk or a second hand Prius, or bus

Question to the OP if none of the above are possible then how many stop signs, roundabouts, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings or motorways does the journey take in?

Edited by Gerrycan