winter mode engaged.... 2.5C out there right now!

Same here.

Glass all polished inside and out.  Back windows up tight after drying the top edge,  

All rubber seals sprayed with Night Before De-icer.   Nothing damp inside.

Tank full to the brim.

A few cold nights and mornings coming, but not going to last for long this time.

I have 1,000 miles to do this weekend, so looking forward to it.

not just snow though... anything less than 7 C and winters are better..... at 2C and rain you will stop in half the distance!

I'm a little more extream though , seeing as my summer tyres are track day tyres. you'd ave to be stupid to use them in winter ;)

There were quite a few cars off the road this morning around the A93, Black Ice.

What the Tyre Test videos and reviews forget is, Lakes & Ice rinks are flat frozen H20.

They do acceleration tests, and braking on the flat, or climbing a slope,

never very often down hill, or traversing a slope.

Roads are cambered, and black ice forms on the surface, & cars slide off towards Ditches & Kerbs.

It is funny watching AWD SUV's slithering and wheel spinning and getting no place fast or slow.

did someone say "winter tyres"?  :-)

Car was frozen up this morning. I'm heading for the airport tomorrow morning so have covered it up to keep the windows clear.

i know i should but i just cant bring myself to fit the winter alloys this year, each year i put them on and we get no snow so im gonna wing it this year and bring on the snow

Surely its a lot nicer on icey mornings to have the peace of mind you will have the grip in corners. Whats was the point of spending £??? on them if you don`t use them. I remember it used to be squeaky bum time without them when its zero C.

Edited by bobjob49

Well that is it just below 0*oC now and need to go use a tank of fuel.

Lets see if anything is salted other than Trunk Roads.

don't go round Stirling way, with the budget cuts they're talking about stopping gritting on the bulk of their road network.