Driveline for 300+ bhp Fabia 1,9 tdi

Hi Guys 

I am new to this forum, so i hope for a nice welcome. i was searching around the internet looking for tips about my fabia so i joined because this seems to be the place to get answers for my kind of questions.

My car is a Fabia mk 2 from 2007 fitted with a 1,9 tdi pd engine with a total of 105 bhp standard. I have made some changes to it now running a darkside turbo kit with a GTB2260 vk, fmic, water/meth, other camshafts 120% firad nozzles, 2,5 inch exhaust no filter no cat, and probably more. this has given me a very nice car with about 300 bhp. 325 bhp and 600 nm all maxed out. 

I am still running standard 5 gear and standard drive line. and lets be honest this is not gonna last forever. so when changing these out i was thinking if it was possible to take the drive line from a golf 4 1,9tdi 4motion and put it on mine without, too much trouble, i realize i have to cut out the space for the spare wheel, but what about the fuel tank do i have to move that as well? has anybody tried anything like this before?any good advice?

The whole idea came from thinking about using the drive line and gear box from a FWD golf 4 1,9 tdi, and then i thought why stop there. Actually i also thought about using the drive line and gear box from a mk I fabia vrs 1,9 tdi... how would that fit? 

I hope you will find the time to help me out, because you guys seems to be the ones going the furthest with these things. 

and if you have trouble understanding i am sorry, English is not my native tongue 

best regards 
Retoft 

I think you would be better using the mark I vRS gearbox, and a mechanical LSD to get the power down through the front wheels.... Jasons car is running 300+bhp and his does well with this setup... check out the "mongrel" thread in the project section for details :)

and welcome to the forum! pics please! lol...

A 4x4 Fabia can be done, but it's a lot of work.

Your car will need custom work to the floorpan and rear boot area.

Rear suspension is wrong too.  You also need to move the fuel tank.

Nothing that can't be fixed with enough money or time/fabrication skill.

I have seen a few 4x4 Fabias, the last one was built using Audi TT parts for Autocross racing in the Czech Republic, which I owned for a short time.

There is also this one, you might find useful.  This uses a Golf/Octavia.

http://matlovicracing.sk/2013/01/skoda-fabia-4x4/

fabia-23.jpg

And your english is good. :)