Lowered car troubles. Wishbone advice needed :)

Kast29

Hi all

Recently went for the dreaded MOT and flew through apart from the wishbone bushes are just about dead...

I would like to upgrade these is it is possible i have seen some mk4 golf 2WD wishbones that someone has put the R32 bushes in which are an upgrade but would they fit and does anyone know of a better set.!

I dont want to changing them every year but i spose thats the joys of lowering your car.

many thanks

Kieran

However, in answer to your question, rather than spending >£100 on wishbones etc, yes you can fit TT rear wishbone bushes and then standard front bushes into your current wishbones. The advantage of the TT rears is that they have no cavities and therefore are a little more solid, whilst retaining factory movement, unlike the polybushes that tend to 'oval' around the central pin.

I bought my bushes recently from VWSpares.co.uk and they are not expensive :)

You really need to ask either Bowders1 or group1rs on here as they have this set-up and can advise you of the pros and cons of the mod, but maintaining level wishbones as the ride height is reduced is definitely more desirable than what the standard set-up offers for better handling.

It is just the costs which need to be taken into account, but as we all know after seeing our bank statements, nothing in go faster land comes cheap. :giggle: and there is always the classifieds on here.

You really need to ask either Bowders1 or group1rs on here as they have this set-up and can advise you of the pros and cons of the mod, but maintaining level wishbones as the ride height is reduced is definitely more desirable than what the standard set-up offers for better handling.

It is just the costs which need to be taken into account, but as we all know after seeing our bank statements, nothing in go faster land comes cheap. :giggle: and there is always the classifieds on here.

You Rang !

No cons with converting to TT cast setup. You will have the ability of a tad more adjustability. Use caster increased super pro bushes and get proper alignment done after fitment. A very worthwhile mod.

You Rang !

No cons with converting to TT cast setup. You will have the ability of a tad more adjustability. Use caster increased super pro bushes and get proper alignment done after fitment. A very worthwhile mod.

Damn, you appear like a superhero in a marvel comic :rofl:  thanks for that mate.

You Rang !

Surely if i added the hubs and made the cast arms sit virtualy horizontal it would prolong the life of the bushes?

cheers for the help guys..