Stereo OUTPUT for SUB

pege63

Hi, new to the forum, have just ordered a car via work ie leasing in my case,

Will get an Elegance 5dr 75bhp early next year (Elegance cheaper than the SE - weird...). Went for a white one as its sharper looking and less tax than bright silver, added tinted windows, upgraded to 15" rims, also added extra shelf in boot AND speaker kit as 2 is simply not enough. Great little car to do local runs with and to allow my 17year old to get her licence (at some point), done some driving in an old C1 in the past so am looking forward to it but will keep the V70 D5 for the longer runs.

Reason for post is the stereo, is there an easy way to add a sub, have seen a few of the slim line active version that are not too expensive, is there a pre output at the back that I can hook into or is it a big job ie not worth doing? Will keep the car for 3 years so am keen on a reasonable sound for that time.

Peter

I did it in my 62 plate SE. My friend did the wiring but it worked a treat. Had an FLi 12" active sub in boot, got a feed from the battery ran under the car in weather proof wiring. As feeding through car was a ballache.  Punched a small hole in boot to feed through. I think it was the drainage hole. As far as I remember the factory radio has no preouts as was going to install my own JVC headunit but lost power to the pid as it is powered by a plug at the back of the original Headunit. I got the fascia adaptor ,amp and everything but had to give up on that idea. Anyway ran audio from HU to boot via the panels on the bottom of the doors. All sounded good for a crappy headunit as sub had built in amp on the rear. I have Elegance now with the extra speaker pack which would sound even better!

Anyway , hope this helps . Let us know if you manage it.

Cheers.

Stu.

Cheers for that, might looks at getting feed from speakers themselves as some subs can work from that feed instead of a pre output, will keep you posted if I go ahead.

Cheers for that, might looks at getting feed from speakers themselves as some subs can work from that feed instead of a pre output, will keep you posted if I go ahead.

Yes, that's your only option on the original headunit.  :thumbup: