Audio advice needed please...Yeti S - Swing MDI...

darkblue

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have progress. I fitted the MDI kit last weekend, no problems (will post photos etc. soon). Got VCDS a coding done by local Briskodian devonutopia (thanks).

The good...really impressed with sound quality and functionality of MDI with my iPod...it does everything I want and expected.

The bad...teething issues. I seem to have the 'MDI draining iPod issue'. I might have overcome this by switching to radio before turning off the ignition but I still find when I come back to the car (like today after 8 hours at work), it doesn't access the iPod correctly...it gets stuck saying 'Initializing PD' no matter what I try to do on the radio. There is a solution which is to unplug and plug in the iPod again which re-establishes the connection and it then works fine.

I have an iPod classic 5th gen. I'm going to try this weekend with my sons iPod touch 4th gen to see if that is any better. My wife has an iPod nano but it's the !atest model with the Lightning connector that I don't have for MDI.

I doubt if the MDI needs a firmware update as its new and is the G suffix.

Any other ideas anyone or anyone else got these problems? Also any advice on iPod versions that can stay connected and don't have those problems?

If anyone is interested, I overcame this issue which appeared to be with using the older iPod classic which when used with MDI never went into sleep mode and so overnight drained battery hence needed to be unplugged and plugged back in to reconnect to the car stereo.

I have now switched to an iPod touch 4th gen which works fine. Phew!