2.0 TSI Camshaft Oil Leak - Need some advice please

Sorry for the long post, but please read as I need some advice.

My 2009 VRS Facelift model with 40k miles on the clock went int for its service last week. At lunch time I got a call from the service centre to say that there was an oil leak and that it was coming from the end of the cam shaft.

Now I have had to put a bit more oil into it between services (about 1L), but I get it serviced annually due to low mileage. I just put the extra oil usage down to change in use as I changed job at the beginning of the year and my daily commute is now 8 miles each way rather than 2.5 each way. Besides there was no oil underneath the car where it was parked overnight or smoke out the exhaust, so I didn't think much of it.

The service centre (yes its a franchised Skoda one) is going to replace the oil seals and I should get it back later today.

Having being off here a couple of years and just come back on and read the threads about 2.0TSI engine failures, I'm now worried that there is something else going on that caused the oil seals to fail and that the engine will ultimately fail, it is a CCZ engine code. :sweat:

To my mind these seals shouldn't fail at 40k, I've already asked to speak to the workshop foreman when I pick the car up.

The question for here is what specifically should I be asking about?

Obviously, why did it happen on a car thats only done 40k, but are then any specific service bulletins or campaigns I should ask about?

The car has been serviced  annually at this particular centre from 1 year old and they have never mentioned anything about service campaigns or technical service bulletins in the past, I feel like they may need a little nudge.

The rear brake calliper has also seized, even though the car is driven every day, so I'm looking at a bill of around a grand to get all this sorted out just before Christmas.. :'(

The main thing for me is that nothing else preventable goes wrong on the car and if there is an underlying cause it gets picked up before something more expensive happens.