2 free valets a month from skoda dealer?

Exeterj

Not that I'm likely to take them up (as just ordered my nilfisk pw and foam lance) but Murray skoda, Plymouth offered to valet my newly procured oct 3 vrs twice a month for the life time of ownership - Is this a normal offer for skoda dealers?

If anyone took this up properly I guess it could save you some money if you normally go to arc or car wash every 2 weeks. Thought it was a pretty fair offer.

Mine offers free washes at their Car Wash Club, but I've not bothered taking them up on it yet.

I know the popular view here is that they'll spend an hour scouring the paint off with a housebrick wrapped in sandpaper, but for a lot of people they'll do an acceptable job.

Seeing some will pay the bucket brigade at Sainsburys money to do permanent damage to their paint it probably seems like a bargain to some who have no interest in 'doing it properly' each to their own and as long as they leave mine alone when its serviced I don't care as it's keeping someone in a job....

Some are really excellent at washing / valeting cars obviously, they last in the job.

What you do not want is the one that is not and is there maybe for their first & last day. 

If you ever work at some dealerships you see that there are rather a few of those that get employed.

Agreed, I'm not planning on taking them up on the offer but thought that there's a lot of people who would get anyone to do it and pay them for the privilege it, so seems it could save a bit of money over time - hence just wondering if this is normal offer for dealers.

Good point about them washing at servicing, I'll remember to stop them - my last ford was fairly well cleaned and waxed (wouldn't say detailed) by me prior to a service the day after and it came back with water marks / dust spots all over it, very annoying.