Skip to content

Sanqhar

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Sanqhar replied to Gayrisafi's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Heated seats may be a complication. tom
  2. My 2018 SeL takes postcodes. I use them a lot. The only problem I find is that rural postcodes can sometimes cover a large area. tom
  3. The touch and swipe never worked for me. What did work I posted previously back in 2025 Good Luck tom Sanqhar9 March, 2025 I have done it after touching (not swiping) the '>' to the right of the destination name. Most of the time this brings up a menu that includes an 'Edit' option. Touch 'Edit' and the 'Delete' option appears. I say "most of the time" because sometimes it does not seem to work. I have not yet worked out why. Not a swipe anywhere. It was in an older version of the Owners Manual P186 "Delete destination ▶ In the Navigation main menu, tap the function surface  → Destinations. ▶ Tap the functional surface  and select the desired list of destinations. ▶ Show the destination details by tapping on the function surface  at the de- sired destination. ▶ Tap the function surface Edit . ▶ Tap the function surface Delete and confirm the deletion. I had misread the significance of '>' in the third bullet point. Sorry the cut and paste seems to have blocked this out
  4. Don't forget Asda. I needed four tyres due to cracking, ordered online and fitted at my local tyre centre. The tyre centre manager said I had paid an amount less than he could buy the same tyres for. tom
  5. Sanqhar replied to McDuff's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Don't over think it. My current car (2018) 1.5 DSG is the first auto I have owned. I have driven various other (torque converter) autos in the past and just drove this DSG without thinking about it. I would never let a car creep in gear. I understand creeping on tickover can damage the springs in a Dual Mass flywheel and yes the 1.5 DSG Karoq has a dual mass flywheel. Google it and one answer given is: "Low-RPM load: Modern engines on tickover produce heavy rotational pulses. Forcing the car to move forward at idle speed puts a momentary load on the transmission before the engine management adds fuel, causing the flywheel springs to bottom out against their end-stops". tom
  6. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/karoq/369551/new-2028-skoda-karoq-mid-size-suv-aiming-take-chinese-surprise tom
  7. Sanqhar replied to wd20's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Try https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/skoda tom
  8. Is that 75kg in total or 75kg per cross bar? I thought the latter giving 150kg total. tom Edit. OOOPs. Just read the manual, looks like 75kg in total. I'm sure my bars (not Skoda) are marked 75kg each. tom
  9. Check out Asda prices. I was given a choice of local fitters and the Asda price was less than the fitters could even buy them at. tom
  10. Did a search using 'filler'. This came up: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/498775-fuel-filler-flap-solenoid-failure/#comment-5595748 tom
  11. I have not had this problem. On my 2018 1.5 DSG when stop start cuts the engine a twitch of the steering wheel restarts it, perhaps this is a factor to consider. tom
  12. There were various factors that came into play when I decided on a petrol rather than diesel in 2018. At that time I was doing 16 to 20 thousand miles a year. I had a 2010 2.0 Tdi Yeti that was perfect for my needs. The Yeti was totally ruined after the 'fix'. Prior to the fix the dpf would regenerate passively so that I never knew it was happening. Post fix It would regenerate often at the end of a 50 mile journey. I would then unload the car and go out again to make sure the regeneration was completed. Another consequence of the fix was that it caused problems with the EGR valve. VW accepted this and I had it replaced free even though the car was well out of warranty. However the replacement valve only had a 2 year warranty. I was coming up to the end of this warranty and I was not prepared to take the risk of paying for a replacement (around a £1000). These two factors were the main reasons for changing to petrol. I had lost faith in diesels. My Yeti was in for a service and MoT at Vindis Bury St Edmunds and they had a pre-reg 1.5Tsi DSG Karoq SeL. On a whim I took test drive, liked it, and bought one. As my annual mileage was reducing (now doing under 5,000 miles a year) petrol was the perfect choice. With my Yeti doing the higher mileage I was getting around 48 mpg. My Karoq, that sits on the drive a lot of the time, beats 30mpg on very short trips to the supermarket and gets around 44/45 mpg on dual carriageway journeys. I'm happy. Lastly, and nothing to do with the petrol/diesel question, when in 2018 I decided to get rid of the Yeti I kept an open mind despite being seriously disappointed with VAG. A big factor in staying with Skoda was the quality of service I was getting from Vindis (no link, just a satisfied customer). tom
  13. Is the 'nylon cable' the type of plastic used in a strimmer? tom
  14. ....or tweak the steering wheel to restart. tom
  15. Does this help: https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=958 tom

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.