OCTY FL - DIPPED MAIN BEAM FAULT.

With out warning the nearside main beam has dipped down. The nearside main beam is shinning at about the same position as the normal dipped beam, which I very odd. There is no warning displayed to indicate a fault. I have checked and replaced the H1 lamp and it is exactly the same.

I am at a loss to understand this; the front of the car has not received any knocks or bangs that may account for a displaced beam. All other lamps are working OK, and I have removed the lamp unit and nothing appears to be loose inside the assembly.

Does anyone have any idea which is causing this fault?

Thanks for any help.

Assuming the headlamp unit is installed correctly and the bulbs are at least lighting.  The only thing that springs to mind is that the bulb may not be seated correctly or the bulb holder is somehow damaged.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks nickquzzi for the advise. I have tried to completely remove the headlamp but can't find any way to disconnect the external connector.

I had no trouble in removing the headlamp from the car, but it is difficult to see properly into the lamp without disconnecting the large plug.

Anyone know how to do what I thought would be a simple job. It's just got to be me being too soft and not wanting to break any thing.

Thanks skodacarman and nickguzzie, beginning to look as if might be a job for ER indoors.

I will try as you have suggested, but I know its as tight as a monkey's !!!!!

Bit of WD might help. Might be too much to ask if anyone knows of any pics showing just what to do.

Fingers crossed//  thanks