post remap help required :/

Hi all, had a remap on saturday and initially the car felt great but.....two days on and i am driving at 30 in 4th gear put my foot down to accelerate onto a slip road and as soon as boost came in the car hesitated (alot) and engine light flashed for 10secs so drive with out boost then tried againcand it did it again? No faukt codes thrown up on the reader though (cheap bluetooth one)....any ideas??? Coilpack? Map? (Although would have thought that woukd be apparent as soon as it was done) any advice is appreciated!!!

Russ

Mine did the exact same thing shortly after a remap. However, mine ended up running on 3 cylinders - I had noticed a hesitation in the week leading up to this but ignored it.

Four new coilpacks fixed the problem. If yours are original, I may be tempted to start there. Contact your local Skoda dealer as these were part of a recall; and your car may be affected.

Cheers Stu, they are the originals so have ordered a set of 4 from awesome gti, i spoke to skoda a few months back and my car was not affected wothe recall.....

Is it safe to drive until the packs turn up?

Russ

I'd be wary of long journeys; also if you do drive it, I wouldn't use full throttle. Just drive it gently until your packs are replaced.

I kept driving mine hard to force the hesitation to occur........ but unfortunately went a bit too far in my research. No harm done though, just frustrating.

Evening all....What are the actually symptoms of a failing/failed coilpack? I only ask as i am not getting any fault codes? The car is very jerky even off boost it feels like a major misfire when the eml flashes....new coilpacks should arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

Edited by Russler

Where did you get your remap carried out from and have you changed the coil packs now ?

Sorry for late reply I got it mapped by AM Tuning (a mobile guy) he seems very knowledgeable and has offered to come back and help me sort it but he is in cornwall for a few days and I am in Reading, Coils should (fingers crossed) be waiting for me at home tonight so I can fit them in

it is pretty much undriveable due to the lack of power and misfire at over 2500 rpm but I have had to use it to do the daily 10 mile round trip to work and drop daughter to school, I can see it causing any damage as have been driving like miss daisy even my 11yr old was mocking me :)

Thats reassuring Stu, I really hope it is just the coils! was yours horrid to drive until you sorted it? i.e no boost bad misfire etc

Mine died in spectacular style; I actually thought it was terminal engine failure. No boost; running on 3 cylinders and couldn't get above 15 mph due to the severity of the misfire. I was literally 1 minute from my house luckily so limped it home.

In the week prior to the main failure I had; issues with boost, the car felt completely flat at times (like an NA). It was like driving in 50 degree Celsius heat; it felt that sluggish. I also noticed hesitations as I accelerated in gear. However, I kept driving mine hard to make the problem occur in the manner it did; just so I could finally find the issue.

Oh dear....thats exactly wjat i have had today, left work had to drive 3 miles at 20mph on 3 cylinder's! Thought it was going to pop! Have just fitted four new coils from awesome red ones if that makes any difference and boom problem gone :) happy days and thanks for the help everyone

• Like 1

Oh dear....thats exactly wjat i have had today, left work had to drive 3 miles at 20mph on 3 cylinder's! Thought it was going to pop! Have just fitted four new coils from awesome red ones if that makes any difference and boom problem gone :) happy days and thanks for the help everyone

Nicely done mate. Is it not the nicest experience when you turn the key with your breath held; hoping it's fixed..... and it is!