Fitting superb with facelift steering wheel connectors

I have bought a new facelift steering wheel with flappy paddles from Skoda dop which has taken 6 weeks to arrive.

The only issue is I am struggling with fitting the black connector from the airbag to the steering wheel as it is such an awkward fit!

I have posted a photograph below as it looks like it is in the right place but the multifunctions don't work.

Can anybody who has done this confirm that I have fitted it correctly?

It was so simple to remove from the old wheel as the connector has a couple of inches of wire but is a right pain on the new one as there is no give or wiring for the new connector it is flush against the left side of the mfsw.

I have got the blue brown and black wires at the bottom is this correct? I have tried the connector both ways but can't seem to get the multifunctions to work?

It's driving me nuts as I previously had the 4 spoke mfsw so the multifunctions should just plug and play as I understand it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

post-13296-0-53035900-1421097734_thumb.jpg

Just to confirm I am going from the below pre facelift wheel in my 2011 superb to the wheel below:

post-13296-0-57989400-1421098275_thumb.jpg

post-13296-0-74335200-1421098305_thumb.jpg

Another member on his pre facelift superb has done this and it all works fine the only thing he had to do was get somebody with vcds to code the flappy paddles but the mfsw worked straight away but not on mine?