TOM Tiddle TOM - My woe's with TOM TOM

blades

:mad: I'm on my third replacement PDA with orange (SPVm2000) due to software problems (which incidently they can't resolve - but have managed to in Germany) and as were off on hols soon I'd thought I get Tom Tom 5 installed. Anyway I installed it on my previous two no problems but it will not let me activate it on the new one. So I've emailed TOM TOM as they have a very obvious phone number (not) and the standard response is "If you have replaced or had your PDA repaired you have to send them proove of purchase or repair". I didn't get anything when I got my replacement PDA from orange it just came in a new box by courier. Has any one any ideas - you don't get these problems with a

Tom Tom were on Watchdog last night, although Nicky Campbell did quite a good job of shifting the blame onto PC World for selling the 'victim' a system that wasn't perfect...

I admit, I don't mind the occasional bum steer from my sat nav (the maps can't have every single detail on a portable system), but I must admit I'd at least expect semi-decent support... :thumbdwn:

Just spoke to orange who will send me a letter to confirm the change of PDA but look what came back from TOM TOM

Dear $contact.c$title caveney,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Activation.

TomTom would like to clarify that TomTom software and maps can only be installed and used on one device only as explained in the TomTom Licence Agreement, stating that the licence agreement is not transferrable which you accepted before installation of your software.

If you are unable to activate your product again through the help of our website www.ttcode.com, may we ask you to please fax any proof of purchase regarding repaired or replaced devices, in addition explaining the need for activation. Alternatively, you can update your question on our customer support website, and attach a scanned copy of your documents to this incident.

Please supply the following information via fax: 0031-20

to sum thigs up I've bought a navman icn520 instead. I'm selling my spvm2000 with tomtom5 (when re-activated) bluetooth reciever and car mount to a mate. Other bit of advice don't get a Orange spv m2000 as they are a brilliant pda but a poo phone I've gone back to my old t610 as it works with the inbuilt bluetooth in the bmw and it also doesn't lock up and keep having to be re-set like the m2000