Fault code 0236

so19

Hi all

I bit guidance please

Whilst driving to work on the motorway this morning the engine management light came on I was on the motor driving at 55 to 60 mph it was cold outside 1 deg I had been driving for about 10mins before the light came

I when to my mechanic today and he said the fault code was 0236 but it was not clear from the book he believes is was turbo overload

Can any help with explaining the cause

Thank you for any help

So19

Did he use vag software or a generic reader to check the car as the code does not appear to exist in the ross tech database, but does on generic databases. In view of fact the generic databases suggest one of the causes could be turbo, I would get car scanned with VCDS to be certain the code is a valid one.

For info - http://engine-codes.com/p0236_volkswagen.html

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

Would be a help if you could give us a better idea of what age/fueltype/model Octy you have please?.

Edited by kentphil1

Hey :)

Looked it up for you there now

It says super / turbo charger sensor is the source of the fault !

Just have a wee look around the turbo for maybe cut wires before commiting to buying a new sensor (it happened to me not so long ago with a speed sensor )

Hope this helps man :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk