Sluggish start and glow plug light on briefly after starting

Hi all,

I know I'm not all that active on here (understatement of the year) but have got a small hiccup on my 2010 Octavia. Owned it from new and its been a dream...

The last few days it has been sluggish to start - I know it's cold but never been an issue before.

Today was slightly different. Waited for glow plug light to go out - sluggish turn over and start - then glow plug light came back on. Light was only on briefly and didn't flash - just solid orange for about 2-3 seconds.

Just want to know if anyone has any ideas as a search here didn't seem to turn up this exact scenario. Betting it will require a visit to dealer for diagnostic but wanted to be aware of any reason not to drive it...

Cheers

Could be a failing battery not liking the cold starts. If starting the car takes too much out of the battery it may take a few seconds for the alternator to lift everything back to a point where the electric system is happy.

Thanks, did wonder about that but wasn't sure what the glow plug light indicated. Might well be really simple :-)