01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500): Implausible Signal

Pabs

Hey Folks,

Having picked up my new Petrol vRS recently, I thought I'd do a quick VCDS check on the car and see if there were any errors.

Oddly enough, 01309 Power Steering Module Implausible signal was logged, and would not clear.

I looked on RossTech website, which states I may have a MIL active, and the possible causes are incorrect coding. (FYI I have no MIL, but a persistent error in VCDS)

So, after a bit more research, I found various threads on VAG forums stating that it could be related to the DSR settings in either the ABS module or the Steering Assist module.

Checking ABS, it was set to the default of 0 (strong), and the value within Steering Assist was set to 1.

VCDS Scan reveals my car ABS to be ESP MK60EC1.

According to Rosstech website, the values possible are:

• Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) active (only ESP MK60 & MK60-AT)
  • Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) inactive (only ASR MK70)
  • Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) active (only ESP MK60EC1 & MK60 AWD/4X4)

So this would lead me to believe it should be the bottom option of the above, which I assume is a value of 2?

Would this be correct?

I have set the value to 2, and I can clear the error fine. I just want to make sure I've done the right thing and not caused any potential issues.