Lets talk tuning....

sam83

After flirting with the idea of buying a different car, I've decided to spend a bit of money on mine instead. So I'm already at stage 1, Forge TIP, Miltek down-pipe with sports cat, Carbonio intake with neuspeed filter 2.0t coil packs. I have a welly cooler and the pipe work just haven't fitted it yet. 

I was having a look around at my options and found this from r-tech ( taken from there facebook page):

Thinking about doing a 280-300hp drive in drive out K300 package deal...
K300 BBT turbo
630cc Ev14 injectors
Supersize TIP
MAF upgrade
Upgrade Fuel pump
Fitting kit, new gaskets 
Banjo washer, nuts bolts
Oil and filter, coolant
Ported exhaust manifold
Full fitting and labour
Full live custom switchable map
With up to 5 map settings.
£1550.

Direct upgrade from a stage2 hardware.

Mapping would be the usual linear setup to take into account the stock rods to try to reduce the risks of issues. 
1 week turn around.

Looking to do these for Skoda Vrs, mk4 golf, Audi A3, Leon.
AGU ARZ AUM AUQ engine codes.

Tried to get in touch with them about this, i'm still waiting for a reply, understandably they are busy people! This is this kind of road I want to take. I'm thinking get something like this done followed by a diff, and keep it till it dies.  

Where else can can I get something similar done, with similar costs, looked at JBS and they wanted £4300 for pretty much half the above.

• Like 1

Well, from the few tuning companies who replied, seems like i would be better getting all the parts together paying for someone to fit them, then back to r-tech for mapping. 

You will need rods so add 1k +

And niki not doing this deal it was just an idea

What about if i went BBT280 and got the rest of the list above would i need rods then?

I'm not really interested in chasing numbers I just want a bit more poke and good reliability. 

I would recomend you a k04 tfsi conversion, you can manage more hp with instant spolup !

Are U talking about placing ko4 from TFSI on mk1 1.8t engine?  Is that a little hard to do (I mean U need all from above and custom plates to match head)?

I think, easy way here is to buy k04 from audi s3, leon cupra etc (1.8T engines) with supported mods. I think 280 hp is possible.

I would get a Diff first. As you are already prepared for stage 2. You will be amazed at the DIFFerance ! then get a stage 2 custom remap from R tech.

That is actually not a bad idea. Is it a good idea to get the clutch done at the same time?

Are U talking about placing ko4 from TFSI on mk1 1.8t engine?  Is that a little hard to do (I mean U need all from above and custom plates to match head)?

I think, easy way here is to buy k04 from audi s3, leon cupra etc (1.8T engines) with supported mods. I think 280 hp is possible.

Yup, there are some around... with that setup and increase of power is much better then a bigturbo or similars

javigsik04tfsi.jpg

well thats a ibiza fr 20vt 150hp.

questions wellcome ;)

I try to explain a bit more:

The turbo is a k04-0064 from TFSI its fitted with a custom made metalic platse. The turbo needs some mods on the manifold, and the intake of it must be cutted a bit not to touch engine. Exhaust is 3" from DOWNPIPE to catback, FMIC is seat sport, 550cc injectors, 3" homemade intake with apexi airfilter, 80mm MAF, integrated enginering intake manifold, apr modded fuel pump and meth.

1.6 bar from 3100rpm to 6500rpm and after that 1.45 till ignition cut.

Edited by andrews2k

That is actually not a bad idea. Is it a good idea to get the clutch done at the same time?

If you have money and time... the way to go is fit a 6 speedgearbox and fit a diff on it... dont keep the 5 speed... its a big s***.

If you have money and time... the way to go is fit a 6 speedgearbox and fit a diff on it... dont keep the 5 speed... its a big s***.

Incorrect 5 speed is fine. And yes get a g60 single mass fly wheel and VR6 clutch kit as well.

• Like 1

Well, here cars must not be tuned right, 2 stage 2 wrecked gearboxes... :S

The 5spd gearboxes are weaker, however when replacing the diff [with an LSD] one of major weaknesses is normally fixed by replacing the rivets which hold the diff ring gear on with ARP bolts

Yup, there are some around... with that setup and increase of power is much better then a bigturbo or similars

Don't kid yourself into thinking the '64 is a direct alternative to a BBT K300/280 or similar K0x hybrid

The K04-64 is a medium frame turbo, similar performance to other similar turbos such as GT2860RS/GTX28xxR/VF34/EFRxxxx etc etc

Similar amounts of work/$ required to make it work well - you would require rods, and pistons too (if you expect it to last), and ideally stronger valves

• Like 1

javigsik04tfsi.jpg

well thats a ibiza fr 20vt 150hp.

questions wellcome ;)

I try to explain a bit more:

The turbo is a k04-0064 from TFSI its fitted with a custom made metalic platse. The turbo needs some mods on the manifold, and the intake of it must be cutted a bit not to touch engine. Exhaust is 3" from DOWNPIPE to catback, FMIC is seat sport, 550cc injectors, 3" homemade intake with apexi airfilter, 80mm MAF, integrated enginering intake manifold, apr modded fuel pump and meth.

1.6 bar from 3100rpm to 6500rpm and after that 1.45 till ignition cut.

Possible, yes, but expensive. And if U go that way, then why stay on stock k04 turbo TFSI or not..