VRS is going and so am I ! (only to the MK3 forum)

pg220

Well after five wonderful years the time has come for my beloved VRS Estate to go and me to move onto the next forum. Despite not being entirely convinced about the looks of the MK3 I took the plunge and pick up my new one on 1st March. (Everytime I look at the MK3 I think that should have been the MK2)

I've never kept a car for more than three years so five years of ownership speaks volumes and it still makes me smile every time I drive it

Went for the same model a Black DSG Estate with some extras that I have on my current one and the final price makes your eyes water!  I read on one thread that the Mk2 was the last of the great value Skoda's and I have to agree with that. it has been a better car than my three previous Audis! 

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone on this forum for the help, advice and support over the years and keep up the great work.

PS

Anyone looking for a stunning well specked 5 year old its going in the trader next week

• Like 1

New Octy too rich for me - if you don't need an estate the cost difference to a golf gti is now relatively minor especially when you factor in residuals. I am considering chopping in my race blue manual vrs estate which is also coming up 5 years old in March. What sort of price are you hoping to achieve for yours?

Had my GTI's back in the late 80's early 90's, four of them.

IMHO the VRS estate looks better and does everything i want it to do and I love it.

Now the good news…………….. there seems to be very strong demand for good VRS's. I put it mine on the Autotrader at 10.30am today and sold it by 11.15am for full asking price of £9500 to first caller. A Skoda dealer from Grimsby offered me £9K for it!! ( Mike at Westgate Skoda 07814 196159)

In total I have had nine calls about it today alone and 5 offers including 2 for asking price.

Good luck 

Wow that is impressive! I agree that the estate looks better and has been super practical too especially with the flat loading floor option. Skoda dealer offered me £8k at the last service in June. Guy at local VW dealer came in at just £6250 last weekend despite drooling over the condition. I was too polite to laugh as he was already spooked by me mentioning broker prices on the golf and his shrinking profit margin. Sounds like private is the way to go if I decide to sell as clearly the VRS petrol wagon is fairly rare in the classifieds.

New Octy too rich for me - if you don't need an estate the cost difference to a golf gti is now relatively minor especially when you factor in residuals. I am considering chopping in my race blue manual vrs estate which is also coming up 5 years old in March. What sort of price are you hoping to achieve for yours?

+1 on that. I kept my VRS for 7yr from new 3yr longer than any other car I've had. I quite like the look of the Mk3 VRS, like the Mk2 I'm not so keen on the normal Octy. But the prices were just crazy high to me for what is supposed to be the value brand. Better value from otehr marques now.

But enjoy your new car smell :happy:

Edited by Aspman

Great news on the value of the old vRS.

This makes it clearer to me that prices for the new MkIII vRS are putting off lots of potential buyers.

If people are screaming out for the old one and paying top dollar for them that speaks volumes.

I look forward to seeing pictures of the new motor over in the MkIII forum!