Battery Issues

yurgster

Hi again all,

I have had a good read through the posts on the forum and just want to make sure that I am looking in the right place. I am still having some issues with my battery draining very quick.

New battery in the car so battery is ruled out.

My ABS and ESP lights stay illuminated on the dash. ( will check today if the battery light comes on with ignition)

Could this be the wire that runs from the alternator ( the brown and blue one that everyone talks about?).. will get this checked tonight.

Any other obvious things I should be looking at?

thanks

Yurg

You could also check the voltage across the battery terminals with the engine running; I'd expect 14.1 to 14.4v for a healthy alternator.

If you don't get that, continuity check the sense wire you're talking about, and also check whether or not the alternator (not just the pulley) is spinning, since the one-way clutch in the alternator pulley has been known to stick open.

• Like 1