Surprise Performance Upgrade on my 1.6 TDI Black Edition

I was scheduled to go to the dealer today to have my black grill fitted on my black edition (pic to follow on another topic). While on my way to the dealer I phoned them to tell that I am running late and then they told me that there is an urgent performance upgrade on your car which we will do once you come.

Notes as per the workshop;

Completed 97BB workshop campaign - Updated on board power supply control unit.

I was surprised that there was no notification on the issue and I was informed when I phoned them to make some changes to my appointment.

They mentioned that almost every car is going through this update however they only do it when the car comes in for service or any other issue.

I would recommend that members should phone the dealer to see if there car needs any update.

Thanks

Saurabh

• Like 1

So did they explain what the actual 'performance' upgrade is, as it just says 'update to power control unit'?

Thats exactly what I asked the service executive however I was getting mixed answers, one guy said its a recall on the power unit and another said its a performance upgrade and notes say it was just an update. It took them 45 minutes to perform it (FYI).

My concern is, if it was that urgent and they didnt let me walk out of the showroom whithout having it done then why didnt they or SUK phone me to have it done ASAP.

I could be wrong however the car was bit sharper to drive after the upgrade. On the other hand how can a power unit update have any contribution towards the overall performance? So probably its just in my head.

Do you have the Xenon lights ?
My car was recently serviced & they replace the power unit for the Xenon lights.

I don't have the bulletin number but the technician told me that it was because the previous power unit could overheat.

Do you have the Xenon lights ?

My car was recently serviced & they replace the power unit for the Xenon lights.

I don't have the bulletin number but the technician told me that it was because the previous power unit could overheat.

No there are no Xenon lights on my car.