Direct turbo 90 degree pipe or aftermarket ?

Justin 1

Im currently running a Hybrid turbo , its a standard turbo with 170 internals , ive had it remaped with a upgraded side mount intercooler but the 90 degree pipe coming directly out of the turbo doesnt seem to be fitted very well , i havent long replaced it with a good second hand pipe as there was a split in my old one , my local garage says it doesnt seem to be secured that well :|  Is that a case to get a new pipe from VAG or get an aftermarket hose something like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forge-Motorsport-FMTHI130D-Skoda-Fabia-VRS-1-9TDI-Fluorosilicone-Turbo-Hose-/331366792245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d26fffc35

But i only need the end alloy coupler going straight into the turbo as im having a custom pipe made from Longlife Exhausts from the bottom of my intercooler straight up to the pipe with a 90 degree coupler of the correct size .

A couple of people have told me from the club to do away with the standard VAG 90 degree bend and just get a 90 degree silicone pipe off ebay or somewhere going straight over the turbo with 2 Mikalor clamps going over the hose to securely secure it down tightly and then have my custom pipework that im being have made connect straight up to it .

Which option do you think is best and the safest as some people say putting a big hose going over the turbo can sometimes cause over spool depending on agressivness on what sort of map you have on your car . All your opinions and help would be great for this thread :D

Many Thanks

Justin ...

Buy yourself the Forge item, that's what I did as we all know how crap the standard boost pipe fitment is like. I just thought it was more up to the job, as I'm also running a hybrid turbo so running more boost.

I didn't want to run the risk of the standard item popping off every time I put my foot down.

I'm sure somebody else will be along shortly who says to make your own pipe up maybe. HTH