Fabia 1.2 12v upgrades

toromod

Hi, a sort of a wish list if I could have fitted stuff to the Fabia S - front fogs, rear parking sensors, audio upgrade from Swing, Bluetooth, wiper stalk with menu selector on end, - whether the wiring loom is fitted with connectors for upgrades is another matter. Would any of these require different ecu modules?

I've bought at the low end of a budget and these are likes from the brochure really, realistic or otherwise!

Living off the NW of Scotland, I can't take a jaunt into my nearest dealership without taking a 3 hour ferry journey which means guessing or taking a chance on stuff!

Hi, a sort of a wish list if I could have fitted stuff to the Fabia S - front fogs, rear parking sensors, audio upgrade from Swing, Bluetooth, wiper stalk with menu selector on end, - whether the wiring loom is fitted with connectors for upgrades is another matter. Would any of these require different ecu modules?

I've bought at the low end of a budget and these are likes from the brochure really, realistic or otherwise!

Living off the NW of Scotland, I can't take a jaunt into my nearest dealership without taking a 3 hour ferry journey which means guessing or taking a chance on stuff!

Hi mate, simplest way to put it...

1- Armrest. Pretty easy to install yourself. Screws into 4 threads in the car. Use oem, i wouldnt bother with any cheap tacky ones.

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Centre_Arm_Rest_%28Fabia_08%3E14%29_DAO700001

2- front fogs arent easy to do. I looked into it for my SE and its so much wiring n pulling to bits, its just not worth the effort of expense.

3- rear parking sensors can be fitted. Loads of places do this, just do a google search for one in your area.

The ones fitted aftermarket are a speaker in the boot. The factory ones use the cars speakers and the radio display but arent easy to fit aftermarket.. However it can be done if you can find the right person.

4- you could upgrade from the swing. Theres loads of options depending in what you want and what you want to pay. The skoda amunsden unit will fit, but Kenwood do an all singing all dancing unit which is said to be brilliant, but not cheap.

5- if youre going to upgrade the headunit you might aswel just upgrade to one with bluetooth. It can be fitted to the swing as a seperate module, but if you're changing the swing anyway....

6- you can upgrade to maxidot which gives you the menus n what not. A tech on here could do that for you, but the tough part is finding the dashpod without paying hundreds from the dealer. People have paid £60 for a used one in good condition, then around another £60 to fit.

• Like 1