oil leak diagnosis

BigRed85

Hello noticed a small oil leak on my 1.4 AUB tried to find the source and seems to be coming from the back on the engine and running down the gearbox. I've check and it definitely isn't gear box oil. I have check down the back of the block from the top and doesn't seem to be leaking from rocker gasket. Could it be the rear crank shaft seal?? Any help would be great thanks

Er, the rear crank oil seal is the one that keeps oil off the flywheel and clutch. I'm not familiar with the AUB cam cover, but some 16v engines have camshaft oil seals  at he back of the engine that can leak without the cam cove being loose.

I've remembered the technical words; whether your scenario is plausible (with the note that the leak is camshaft rear and not crankshaft rear) depends on whether the cam rear journals are enclosed by the cover or not.