P001C - "A" Camshaft Profile Control Circuit High

jme808

Sorry for the bump - thought I'd reply to this in case anyone searches it.

I've changed the air filter (my car seems to be very sensitive to air flow, commonly annoying the MAF sensor).  I also noticed that I forgot to re-secure the vacum pipes that are clipped into the air filter about 3000 miles ago, and one looked a little pinched behind the battery - could well by the culprit as the look they end up near the camshaft area...

Since I've put everything back in place I've had no more warning lights, although other searches show this might be a recurring intermittant problem.

I did do a Google search but didn't turn up anything which expanded on that generic OBD code description.. The code doesn't appear to have an equivalent VW DTC.

My code reader is a bit hit and miss - didn't know about the EGR valve, will bear that in mind - thanks.  Still no codes 300 miles later, so am going to ignore it until it comes back.