1.2 Tsi service advise

Hi all hoping you can give me a little help with the following questions :)

Car is a 2011 1.2 tsi Monte Carlo 105.

1: What size/ shape/ fitting is the sump plug?

2: how to get spark plugs out? socket size with a UJ etc? As the 4 cylinder looks a pig due to the turbo heatshield.

3: how much oil does the 1.2tsi engine hold?

Thanks in advance :)

The sump plug bolt size is M14X1.5X22.  You also need an appropriate sized sealing (crush) washer.  Or buy part number N 908 132 02 - seal bolt with sealing ring - from any Skoda or VAG dealer.  The cost is minimal.

According to the ELSAWIN, you need a special tool to remove the ignition units.  Google 'VW T40039' to find details of this tool which is called an ignition coil puller.  The same reference instructs to use a special spark plug wrench to release the spark plugs which need a 16mm spanner size.  The spark plugs are NGK IZFR6P7 Iridiums, or VAG PN 03F 905 600, gapped at 0.8-0.1mm. 

Approximate oil capacity with oil filter change is 3.6 ltr for cars up 05.2011 and 3.9 ltr as of 06.2011.   Use a VW spec 504 00 oil if on variable service intervals (QG1) or VW 502 00 if on fixed service intervals (QG2).

• Like 2

The sump plug bolt size is M14X1.5X22. You also need an appropriate sized sealing (crush) washer. Or buy part number N 908 132 02 - seal bolt with sealing ring - from any Skoda or VAG dealer. The cost is minimal.

According to the ELSAWIN, you need a special tool to remove the ignition units. Google 'VW T40039' to find details of this tool which is called an ignition coil puller. The same reference instructs to use a special spark plug wrench to release the spark plugs which need a 16mm spanner size. The spark plugs are NGK IZFR6P7 Iridiums, or VAG PN 03F 905 600, gapped at 0.8-0.1mm.

Approximate oil capacity with oil filter change is 3.6 ltr for cars up 05.2011 and 3.9 ltr as of 06.2011. Use a VW spec 504 00 oil if on variable service intervals (QG1) or VW 502 00 if on fixed service intervals (QG2).

Cheers for all that buddy.

I also had read you needed s 'special' tool to remove ignition packs. However, my fabia doesn't appear to have coilpacks which sit on the end of the plug so to speak, just a typical HT lead style which pulls off the end of the plug by the looks of it.

I'll also have to check production date for capacity :)

I recently serviced my wife's fabia 1.2tsi. The ht leads removed without the need for any special tools although they were tight and certainly not the easiest to remove compared to other cars. Removed the spark plugs with a standard spark plug socket , though as you've mentioned it is quite tight. Oil change is simple with easy access to sump plug and oil filter.

This useful info is in the Self-study Programme for the 1.2TSI engine:

The oil filter cartridge is accessible from above to allow easy servicing. To ensure that no oil runs down the engine when replacing the oil filter, a return channel in the timing case cover opens when the filter cartridge is released. This allows the oil to flow directly into the oil pan. This channel is sealed by a spring-loaded seal when fastened. The valves inside the filter cartridge are sealed in such a way that no oil can escape after the cartridge has been removed

Notes on filter changing:

• First unscrew the oil filter cartridge approx. 2 – 3 turns.

• Allow the contents of the filter to drain off (wait approx. 2 – 3

minutes).

• As a safety precaution, place a cleaning cloth below the filter

All done now thanks lads.

Sump was a 19mm nut. Oil filter came off a doddle - no drips as mentioned in the post above.

Fuel filter came off ok too.

Air filter - Again easy enough.

Pollen filter, bit of a faff to get it back in but still straight forward.

Oh and it help 3.9 lt of oil.

• Like 1