ESP Light

Hi folks, 

Couple of days ago I had an 'ESP Fault' pop up on the screen of my 2009 Superb SE 2.0 DSG.

At that point I was reversing and couldn't turn the steering any more.  

Switched the car on and off and it disappeared but the steering was a lot heavier.

I had bought the car from Honda and it has a 12 month warranty.

Took it to Skoda and they ran a diagnostic which stated there was steering angle sensor issue and recommended checking electrics.

They did a wire check which came back fine and were told by Skoda UK to download an update.

Having done this they have said the car is now fine but Honda refused to pay on warranty so bill come to around £170.

Does this sound about right?  I know other people have had ESP issues, is this similar to that and is this what cured it?

Out to pick up car this afternoon.

This is going to sound silly but try this as it costs nothing to check,

Clean the battery terminals and re-tighten the leads to it, on first start you may get lights on the dash, simply drive it up the road and do a couple of corners and the lights should go out and you'll feel the power assistance come back in smoothly, hth.

It's probably not this but later gen VAG cars are very electrocally sensitive, if might be worth having the sensors in the struts out for a wipe off as these can get rusty and play up, iirc they must go back in in the same rotational position they came out of.

Edited by Supurbia