Beadles Skoda Maidstone inspection charge - Help

Craig1988

Hi all,

I have been really disappointed with the aftercare service provided by Beadles Skoda. I planned to book my vehicle in for two potential faults (under warranty) but I was told that an 'inspection fee' of £60 would apply if the fault wasn't found. I've never experienced this before with other Manufacturers/dealerships and couldn't believe such policy would be acceptable. I've even paid extra for the 5yr plan. In my experience with warranty work, the fault isn't always found on the first visit (reliance on electronic diagnostics etc.). This charge would apply on every visit made until the fault is located. If the fault was eventually found, they would supposedly refund this fee.

Has anyone else experienced this fee at other Skoda dealerships during the warranty period?

• 4 months later...

Hi Craig I have the same issue with an intermittent battery fault, Battery went completely flat nothing left on so no reason. Skoda collected the car which is 7 months old charged battery and told me because I had used a coolbox when camping I was responsible for the fault and had to pay 165€ For the diagnostic report that they could not be bothered to examine in order to give me the real cause for the flat battery, I explained that the coolbox was not the cause because it was not in use or in the car at the time. The

coolbox which is the same as the one Skoda supply and it has the Waeco built in battery protection that cuts out the coolbox to leave 11.5v in the car battery in addition I also have a separate Waeco in line battery protecter that prevents any other accessory draining the main battery. I was visiting friends at the time the battery went flat so the car had been emptied and left standing for a few days.

Skoda UK are telling me the French garage decision is final and that's that. I explained that I followed the car handbook that states if the electrolyte window shows a yellow dot the battery needs replacing but Skoda UK think it's ok for the French Garage to rewrite the handbook rules, they now want me to take the car into a UK garage on my return to the UK next month for yet another battery test and expect me to pay again. I have told them I want them to deal with my original claim first before they start another. a Varta battery is on the car and in France it is €150 about £110 in the UK a Varta is about £60 but a Quality Bosch Lucas or Banner is around £75 and All that is required to solve this issue.

Sorry to bore you with the detail but Yes I have also been ripped off by Skoda warranty cutbacks. I still have no idea what has caused my battery to drain completely flat and Skoda have charged for a diagnosis report they couldn't be bothered to read, I like you am very dissapointed in Skoda their attitude towards these unfair charges have changed my perception of the Brand.

Kind Regards chilliwilli