Door locks fault finding - 6n arosa with wonky central locking

karlbar2k

Hi all. My son has a 98 Arosa sdi and the locking is screwy!

Symptoms are:

Drivers door opens with key but no central locking.

Drivers door won't close with key and no central locking.

Driver door switches work sometimes and when they do I performed the below VCDS logging.

Passenger door opens and closes with key and occasionally central locking works?

Boot mostly won't open unless the central locking opens it but not from the drivers door switches?

When buttons were working I ran the output test and it did interior light-ok, open windows-nothing, close windows-already closed as they didn't open

When sat in car with key in ign to on (for VCDS to work) all doors closed and locked pressing the unlock button I can see the unlock signal on 001 and 002 but not on 003, drivers door shows as unlocked passenger door mostly shows as locked (although it always opens) and boot stays shut.

When sat in car with all doors unlocked (except the boot) pressing the lock button sends the signal to 001/2 and both doors lock and then passenger door unlocks (status still says locked though)

When key used in drivers door to open the status changes to unlocked but no signal to the channels 001/2/3 and the door does unlock but not the others

Key won't lock the drivers door

When key used in passenger door it sometimes sends the signal and locks/unlocks the others but the door still says locked on 002.

What should I check/replace first, second etc? Does the arosa suffer like the octavia with water in the electric window gubbins (Central conv stuff? With the rotten pins due to water?)

All input welcome and if there is a step by step fault finding procedure out there I have yet to find it

I will have a look at that in a bit. Is the lock repair kit likely to be the right thing for the drivers door not locking with the key? I know when the spade goes it usually just turns around and does nothing, or it it more likely an adjustment that's needed? if I can get that door working at least he won't have to keep climbing over the passenger side

Edited by karlbar2k

Three faults in the locking module

Address 35: Centr. Locks Labels: None

Part No: 1J0 962 258

Component: Zentralverriegelung V35

Coding: 00257

Shop #: WSC 01236

VCID: EBDF5975999E511

3 Faults Found:

00849 - S-contact at Ignition/Starter Switch (D)

25-00 - Unknown Switch Condition

00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220)

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)

27-00 - Implausible Signal

Don't claim to be expert at this but the first fault:

00849 - S-contact at Ignition/Starter Switch (D)
25-00 - Unknown Switch Condition

May mean the central locking wont work because the controller 'thinks' the key is still in the ignition, it maybe worth cleaning the barrel to get this working first.