vRS gearshift lever leather

Hi

Loving the new car but is any else disappointed with the quality level of the gearshift lever leather surround ..it feels and looks very poor quality and feel lets the interior down  :|

is there aftermarket replacement as?

I changed the gear knob for an Audi s1 knob but didn't change the gator couldn't be bothered with the hassle cos there stapled on but I have been thinking of doing it since it is top quality leather that came with the knob

Ive noticed on my 13 month old elegance (that has nigh on the same gearknob just not vRS branded) that around the sections that meet with the plastic shift pattern indicator that it is starting to wear....feels a little rough in the hand too. A bit of leather conditioner might improve it but I expect in a year or twos time it might look a little sorry for itself.

Strange as my 50k mile Mk6 Golf gear lever looked much as new after 3 years. The Octavia has however done nearly 22k miles in just over a year so its getting quite a bit of use.

I changed the gear knob for an Audi s1 knob but didn't change the gator couldn't be bothered with the hassle cos there stapled on but I have been thinking of doing it since it is top quality leather that came with the knob

thanks sorry it is the 'gator' leather effect I feel is poor quality the actually gear knob is fine but my old Golf GT TDI had /has better quality gator leather. would consider upgrading to a better quality if a quick easy changeover

Edited by oct3br

My gear knob is looking "tired", showing some proper signs of wear, it's done just over 19 thousand miles in 15 months, if I was keeping it I would swop it out but it's going next week. All in all I have been pretty disappointed with the build quality the drivers seat fabric is showing signs of wear, the "top" quality leather is pants. I won't mention the fuel economy don't know where the 61 mpg comes from never even seen 50 on the read out. Will I be sorry to see it go NO.