Sounds like something has failed (2nd oil consumption test 15k apart)

Hi Guys!

Love this forum more of an observer than a contributor like the topic says I had oil burner which had a oil consumption test at 7,500kms (was using 1ltr to 900kms)

but miraculously fixed itself! workshop put it down to the rings finally bedding in, said they had 3 Octavia's do the same thing? not sure what that has to do with

my engine but anyway at the 21,000km mark oil light comes on which is no problem as its about to go in for a service so I buy a 1ltr top up and forget about it.

but before I can take my car in the light comes on again at 21,857km so it got another top up. which has now cost me $75 Aud cant buy 5ltr containers in my town

So heres the problem I get slapped with another oil consumption test but if it rectified itself the first time does that mean something else has failed?

and has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Oh and the engine is a june 2012 vrs cave first reg 8/2013 with a tmc box, Itg cai, and a forge fmic. all put on after the first one resolved itself.

Thanks for any input

One thing to be aware of is, if the car has the correct quantity of oil in the Engine, and you get a 'Low Oil' Light or message,

or a Low Oil Pressure Light or warning,

it has usually used over 1 litre of oil, more than 25% low on capacity,  so 1 litre in still leaves the Oil low.

?

When they do the Oil Consumption Test, how much Oil is put in the Engine,  New Oil & Filter

& what is the Weight of it drained before the start of the test,

done over how many km,  and what is the weight of the drained oil at the end of the test?