engine cut off system

Hi all

Car will not start. Struggling to get access to VCDs

Just read on V Dub forum that a dodgy brake light switch can send a cut off signal to ECU,  what does the ECU do in this regard: cut off fuel to head gallery via some sort of valve or does it stop sending impulse signals to the injectors, Also where does the ECU collect firing info from, is it the crankshaft sensor?  furthermore, does the tandem pump continually feed the gallery or does it have a shut off valve that can recirculate derv back through filter to tank thus not filling head gallery.

Thanks 

I haven't heard about a "cut off" but what kind of issue are you getting? If the car isn't even trying to turn the engine and you have no warning lights it may be either starter motor or starter motor cable fault. I had this issue a few weeks back.

Hi engine cranks but will not fire, Last TUES car jerky if throttle pressed to overtake (like a miss fire on a petrol engine) WED car would not start, after lots of cranking with key held on crank position it eventually fired but on two cylinders seriously banging and clanking  let go of key and died instantly from then nothing zilch I got a guy I know to have a look he plugged his computer in and said no 3 injector fault shown but that was on the Tuesday when it was running on 4 pots but with just the stutter if throttle pressed hard how do you tell if injectors blocked

Cheers col 

If you can get the chance to access a fault scanner such as VCDS it would help identify exactly what is going on.

You are getting some symptoms of many common faults that include the coolant temperature sensor, camshaft position sensor, MAF sensor and also potentially a low battery.

It might be worth getting a hold of someone or something to do some diagnostics before chasing other faults.