Faulty Dash lights

Hi All

My superb Combi is 3 years and two months old and has just come back from the dealers having had its DGS service at 40,000 miles. The dealer has sent an advise that there is a fault with the dash. The front fog light illuminates when the footbrake warning light is on. This he says is a dash panel fault and requires a new dash panel at a cost of £1214.87. Obviously the car is just out of its three year warranty.

Anyone else had a fault like this? seems a lot of money for a small fault you can hardly notice. it does not effect driving the car it is just a faulty light. Any ideas on a heaper fix or should I go to Skoda as the car is just over 3 years old? Alternatively I could just ignore the fault.

If the car is only just over 3 years old, has full service history, dealer history may prove an advantage, then tell them you expect it to be repaired as a goodwill warranty .. at the very least you should get some sort of contribution from Skoda, after all it is an expensive repair and only just out of warranty.. 

You should see a percentage contribution if not all ...I know... 

My dealer are both Skoda and Seat dealers, they helped me with my Seat Ibiza, and I had a new engine fitted under warranty at a similar age and almost 60000 miles, it had full dealer service history.. it cost me the initial investigation of the fault and the strip down which was £400.00 better than the £4500.00 final bill... 

Talk to the dealer and/or Skoda... calmly lol

• Like 1

As Stuarttunstall says plus under the sales of goods act (if they don't bend towards you) all goods should be of a quality and durability which does not confine them to the "standard" warranty period. I.e it should last a lot longer.

• Like 1

There should definitely be generous contribution at the very least, as mentioned above.  I've successfully argued that before when any of previous Skodas were out of warranty (none were ever out by much) and Skoda were always forthcoming.