Door Barrel Removal

I have look at the other post, but just wanted to check the collar was in the correct position.

Is it the tab at the top that secures the lock barrel in the door, should the lock be coming out.

I have been wiggling and jiggling with the key with the handle pulled open but it's not moving at all, I have tried putting pressure on the back but to no avail.

post-2578-0-64230300-1430670525_thumb.jpg

Edited by s80wkr_vts

Just need perseverance mate. Iirc the small torx screw just needs to be loose, don't fully undo or you'll lose it in the door. The main one below needs a fair few turns, about 15 turns until you start to feel resistance and then you should be ok to get it out. Mine was stubborn for a while but when it did come out it was so easy it made the struggle seem funny. You can try wrapping tape or thin card round a flathead and GENTLY prising to get it started and then carry on doing what you're doing, wiggle, jiggle, swear, shake, rattle etc. Hope that helps.

Quickest way to sort something post it on the internet saying you can't do it. :notme:

To be fair it probably has never been out since it went in 14 years ago!

Like you say wiggle wiggle jiggle sprayed a load of WD40 in it as well, just didn't want to end up knackering my key.

Clean it up while it was out with a little file and it went in and came back out again no problem.

Door card can wait for tomorrow, time for a pint!

Yeah I think daylight ran out on me when I did mine, left it overnight and did it in a few minutes the following day. Like you say when it's been out once I think it's easier thereafter. Don't think mine had ever budged.