Normal for glovebox light to be always on?

Have just by chance found that my glovebox light is always on when the car is unlocked. Surely that's not right? I would have thought it should go off when the glovebox is closed and only come on when you open it? It seems the only way that mine goes off is when you lock the car.

I only noticed this because the bottom of the upper glovebox gets very hot after a drive right in the position where the light is in the lower one. Would love some clarification on this before I hassle the dealers about it.

OK thanks, I really thought it should go off but just had to check for sure.

I did search first and didnt find anything, but just tried again and saw someone that had same problem. Says how to fix it, but I won't try that, I'll just let the dealer do it while its under warranty.

• Like 1

OK thanks, I really thought it should go off but just had to check for sure.

I did search first and didnt find anything, but just tried again and saw someone that had same problem. Says how to fix it, but I won't try that, I'll just let the dealer do it while its under warranty.

The joys of a warranty (:

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone's interested I have now had this fixed under warranty. Apparently it is a known problem and has a fix for it. Worth checking if your light goes off especially if your warranty is coming to an end!

If anyone's interested I have now had this fixed under warranty. Apparently it is a known problem and has a fix for it. Worth checking if your light goes off especially if your warranty is coming to an end!

I had this exact problem ages ago, took it to a dealer and they knew what it was and fixed it pretty quick. I can't remember what they said it was that caused it, but has never happened again thankfully.

Felt my glovebox tonight and it was cool, then I realised it would be anyway, because I've changed the glove box light for an LED.

So I put my phone in video record more, put it in there and shut the door.

It does go off! So I'm happy aha

Felt my glovebox tonight and it was cool, then I realised it would be anyway, because I've changed the glove box light for an LED.

So I put my phone in video record more, put it in there and shut the door.

It does go off! So I'm happy aha

Thats good then. Thats how I checked mine too, by recording in there to get conclusive proof it stayed on.