2015 North West 200 - Road Racing + LIVE Coverage link 14/05/15 pm

FUBAR

It's 2 days until race week starts  :clap: On the off chance, is there anyone on here going, or could be tempted to last minute for the big day on 16th? I am busy all week which is a pain in the hole and my bike is in for it's MOT at the furthest away MOT test centre in the country on the 15th! 

It costs nothing to be a spectator  

Unfortunately I'm working, but have been talking to my dad about going to the Northwest 200 and the TT.

The plan is to try and get to either the TT or Northwest next year as he's suffering with various health problems and is thinking of giving up biking, so we need to tick at least one of those off the list before he gives it up.

Have fun mate.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm working, but have been talking to my dad about going to the Northwest 200 and the TT.

The plan is to try and get to either the TT or Northwest next year as he's suffering with various health problems and is thinking of giving up biking, so we need to tick at least one of those off the list before he gives it up.

Have fun mate.

There is the UGP (Ulster Grand Prix) as well to consider. If it was possible as a one off you can do the NW200 then the IOM TT and finally the UGP for the 3 biggest road races in the UK. TT is of course the slowest of the 3 big ones :P

• Like 1

Wish i could

Still could, you get a cheap early flight friday evening or early sat morning, job done! 

Too much work to do mate :(.

That's ok, you still have plenty you can plan ahead for this season, here are 2 highly recommended ones :D 

Armoy Road Races 24th - 25th July (closest you will get to road racing of all events!!!!) 

Ulster Grand Prix 3rd - 8th Aug (Fastest road race in the world!) 

• Like 1

As usual here in SW Scotland on the A75 from Carlisle to Stranraer and the NI ferry there is a huge increase in bikes this time of the year. Most responsible but the odd nutter too. There is a greatly increased police presence here. Unmarked Black BMW 5 series and grey Audi A6's plus speed camera vans that track bikes as they pass:

BEWARE

Also if you take the exciting alternative route off the A75 at Crocketford through New Galloway to Newton Stewart the police have a presence here as well as using it for driver training.

Watch for timber lorries too, convoys of 3 on the wrong side of the twisty roads. Watch for the potholes too and deer.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Crocketford/New+Galloway/Newton+Stewart/@55.067184,-4.2054665,11z/data=!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x4862c71e6805ebb5:0xa0c681c7ca3b120!2m2!1d-3.826736!2d55.035242!1m5!1m1!1s0x486292c9c9f03d3d:0xdbfb95caf742e16e!2m2!1d-4.141362!2d55.076387!1m5!1m1!1s0x48621550cc836b85:0x25e6444d7c1e444d!2m2!1d-4.483164!2d54.960299!3e0

Be safe but enjoy it, it is a beautiful area here with great roads.

Final warning 3 bikers from Yorkshire in court here this week for alledgedly doing 130mph on the Gatehouse Of Fleet section of the A75.

Kilnford farm shop at Dumfries a good stop for food as is Hetland garden centre and the Tea Pot at Skyreburn.

Good fish n chips at Moores in Castle Douglas.

Edited by loskie
  • Like 1

Yea the A75 is notorious all year round among folk who have to travel along it, very active road policing carried out on it. Coming from Belfast one night I was on the A75 not long after the low bridge on the S Bend and it was 3am ish, I was doing bang on 60 and 2 lights came up behind me fast, didn't slow and just passed me like I was standing still. It was a Dublin registered artic! He was ploughing on at about 85/90mph! I really didn't expect it, I assumed it was a car or van lol.