Octavia mk2 VRs tfsi intercooler

Hey folks this may sound like a total noob question but just recently bought a mk2 vrs tfsi which im loving by the way lol ;)

My very noob question is in standard form where is the intercooler on this car does it have a front mount as standard or a side mount intercooler similar to my previous vag car (golf mk4 gt tdi) and does this car benefit much from a upgraded intercooler the car at present is completely stock but plan on upgrading in time first on the plan is a map to up the power from 200bhp to around 260bhp

HI mate

It has a front mount which is sandwiched in between the AC condenser and radiator. Forge do a Twintercooler which keeps the original intercooler and adds a whopping great big second one to the front.

• Like 1

HI mate

It has a front mount which is sandwiched in between the AC condenser and radiator. Forge do a Twintercooler which keeps the original intercooler and adds a whopping great big second one to the front.

Thanks for that mate may have to look into the forge one like

Oh, and it's good for the power your after, in case you were wondering.

I'm running circa 270-280 bhp with shark stage 2 (Sports 200cel cat, full Miltek, neuspeed induction/heatshield, uprated pipework etc. and a few other upgrades)

Off topic a bit but have to ask - how are you finding it with that much power? I just bought one running a custom map, not been dynod but it's probably around 250. I love it but the fwd makes it feel like it wouldn't cope with any more power. Foot down in second and it's spinning the wheels unless it's perfectly smooth and dry - in the wet its spinning the wheels in third too!

Off topic a bit but have to ask - how are you finding it with that much power? I just bought one running a custom map, not been dynod but it's probably around 250. I love it but the fwd makes it feel like it wouldn't cope with any more power. Foot down in second and it's spinning the wheels unless it's perfectly smooth and dry - in the wet its spinning the wheels in third too!

This is my 3rd mk2 VRS, and by far the most powerful.

I had a standard one, one with a revo map circa 240 brake, but this is different altogether.

It just wants to pull all the time, so you have to be careful.

If you try to floor it off the line, you would just spin the wheels, but I don't set off like that anyway. It will spin in second and third as well if you were really pushing.

It's more about the overtaking ability, it's awesome.

I am thinking of a quaife or wavetrak diff for the future though.

Recalibration of the right foot is needed.  You have to work out when to use full throttle & when not to.

• Like 1