rapid 130 alternator

Looking for a bit of info. can anyone tell me what other alternator will fit my Rapid, mine is running a bit noisey, or where i could get one from, thanks in advance.

The Favorit one fits after a fashion....just needs the mount re-jigging - then you don't need the external voltage regulator. I don't think anything else will fit. Snotty my race car runs a Felicia (higher output) item - I swapped the pulley over (from v to belt) and ditched the voltage regulator and used spacers to fit it to the Estelle mount. I have spare Estelle alternators, but I'm not sure how many work....and I need a couple of spares because they do die! I will have a look in the garage.

Thanks Guys, I will try the Glasgow Bosch dealer. mine is charging ok but the bearings are noisey and i would'nt like it to chuck it while out on a run. I'll also try round the local breakers ans see if there are any Favorits being boken.

The Favorit one fits after a fashion....just needs the mount re-jigging - then you don't need the external voltage regulator. I don't think anything else will fit. Snotty my race car runs a Felicia (higher output) item - I swapped the pulley over (from v to belt) and ditched the voltage regulator and used spacers to fit it to the Estelle mount. I have spare Estelle alternators, but I'm not sure how many work....and I need a couple of spares because they do die! I will have a look in the garage.

I doubt you'll get much joy with Bosch - Skoda didn't use them back then, they were PAL or Lucas and I can't think of anything close enough to use other than the Favorit. If you're after Favorit then there are some on EBay...this one looks like it has the right pulley too....you just need to space the mount.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTERNATOR-SKODA-FAVORIT-FELICA-1-3-LXI-V-PULLEY-CA1047-/141363432730?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20e9eacd1a

Estelle ones do come up too....there was one a couple of weeks back.

Actually, "Pistons and Components" in Glasgow used to do an alternator rebuild service that would be up to new bearings and if required a commutator refurbishment. I didn't mention them yesterday because I didn't know exactly what the issue was, and I don't think they did re-winding.

Hi, I saw the one on ebay for the favorit,but wasnt sure at the time if it would fit. it certainly wasn't expensive. I might also give Pistons and Components a ring. fuel for thought, thanks for your suggestions Guys very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's noisy it probably just needs a new bearing. I would take it to an auto electrician for reconditioning. I have a pile of second hand ones if you need to replace it or make a good one out of two. These old cars and their parts can usually be repaired rather than just throw new parts on like modern cars. :]